Central office checks: Certificate evaluation for Ukrainian university degrees

Anyone who wants to work in Germany faces the problem of proving their qualifications. For refugees who studied in Ukraine and have a university degree, there is a specialized contact point for this.
Those who want to document their university degree obtained in Ukraine can contact the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB). The Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany (KMK) points this out. The ZAB will then issue an official document that provides information on which educational and professional degree a person has acquired and which academic and professional rights are associated with this degree. For this purpose, the Central Office evaluates documents on higher education from all over the world. The certificate indicates the German educational level to which the foreign educational qualification corresponds. In addition, the document provides information about continuing education opportunities, the legal framework for the use of academic degrees and the procedure for recognizing professional qualifications.
This is because this certificate evaluation is not an official recognition of university certificates, but only establishes the equivalence of qualifications. The ZAB does not provide evaluations on incomplete university degrees or degrees outside the university sector. For more information on education assessment in Ukrainian, visit the ZAB website at https://www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertung/ua.html
Currently, the ZAB is flooded with applications and there may be longer waiting times. Therefore, it asks that applications be submitted in full and refrain from inquiries.
The fee for the evaluation of university certificates is 200 euros for the first application, and 100 euros each for subsequent applications. Anyone registered with the job center or employment agency can inquire there about financial assistance. It is also possible to apply for a recognition grant from the federal government. However, it must be applied for before the application for recognition is submitted, as retroactive funding is not possible, according to the homepage.
Detailed information on the procedure for recognizing professions and the recognition office in the respective place of residence can be found at



Universität Tübingen. Foto: tünews INTERNATIONAL / Mostafa Elyasian.




 1,730 total views,  29 views today


Related posts